SAFE DRIVING SKILLS – HOW TO OVERCOME LAWS RIGHTLY
STEPS FOR TRAVELING SAFETY RIGHT TO THE LAW
1- Must signal by a lamp or a horn
Vehicles asking to overtake must be signaled by lights or horns. However, from 22h – 5h, only signaled to overtake by lights
2- Only pass when there are no obstacles
An overtaking vehicle is allowed to overtake only when:
– There are no obstacles in front;
– There is no vehicle traveling in the opposite direction on the roadway intended to overtake;
– The vehicle running ahead has no signal to overtake another vehicle and has avoided to the right.
3- Pass the car to the left
For roads with only one lane, when passing, vehicles must pass to the left, except for the following three cases:
– When the vehicle ahead has signal to turn left or turning left;
– When a streetcar is running in the middle of the road;
– When specialized vehicles are working on the road and cannot pass on the left. Example: Roller is making a road on the leftmost lane when other vehicles are allowed to pass right.
In which, overtaking is a traffic situation when a vehicle overtaking another vehicle to the right of the vehicle is crossed on the same road at roads with only one motor vehicle lane in each direction.
On a road with multiple lanes for vehicles traveling in the same direction, distinguished by a dividing line, the vehicle running in the right lane faster than the car in the left lane is allowed to overtake on the right. Comply with the speed and category of vehicles using the lane.
4. Reduce the speed when a vehicle asks to overtake
When a vehicle asks to overtake, if it is safe to do so, the driver of the vehicle ahead must slow down and keep on the right side of the road until the following vehicle has passed and must not cause obstacles. Let the car overtake
5. Cases of passing over cars
Do not overtake a vehicle in any of the following situations:
– On a narrow bridge, there is a lane;
– Roundabouts, steep heads, and locations with limited visibility;
– At crossroads and roads at the same level as railways;
– Priority vehicles (emergency vehicles, fire engines …) are giving priority signals;
– When weather or road conditions do not ensure safety for overtaking;
– Does not guarantee conditions for overtaking vehicles.